Friday, October 19, 2007

What really matters...

It's been said before, but it sure is easy to get caught up in the trivial stuff. The past two weeks have brought some not-so-fun challenges our way - like Kevan's car needing a new engine, Ezekiel's first fever, and our dryer deciding not to work anymore. I am constantly being challenged with the question: What are truly "needs" and what are simply luxuries that we have become used to expecting? And, whenever I find myself stressing about those luxuries, I am reminded of the things that are most important in life: people, shelter, food, fellowship... and I realize how rich we truly are. God has always provided for us, and He always will- and sometimes these little hurdles are opportunities to thank Him for His provisions. We have much to be thankful for! Just a few for tonight:
  • Today Kevan took Ezekiel out for a few hours while I worked on making the "girl" wall in his room. I painted and pulled out all the sweet little decorations I've been collecting. It will soon be ready to bring sister home to!
  • Our little girl is kicking and rolling like crazy - such an awesome reminder to me that she is growing stronger every day.
  • So many opportunities lately to be thankful for the partnership I share with my husband. He is the best teammate when it comes to parenting and life. I love that we are in this together and that we work so well as a team.
  • Every week I am so thankful for my mom and her willingness (and joy!) to watch Ezekiel while I work from her house. It is such an ideal situation and she makes working so much easier because I know my son is in the best of hands.
  • All of us in good health again!

And here are some fun pictures from our family day at the pumpkin patch:

How could we ask for anything more?!

2 comments:

GCO DR Team 2015 said...

Yes... so often we lose sight of the important things in life. I am attempting to pick up the "Fly Lady" thing again regarding house work. Just adopting her attitude that the house cleaning hour is a "home blessing hour" puts me in a better frame of mind. Or as Matthew would say... my family's messes provide me with "job security" :) Yeah for job security!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know others struggle with wants vs needs. I really WANT a super capacity washer and dryer, but do I NEED them? Who knows. I love you girl. You are truly blessed and your Mom is the greatest :-)