To expand a little on the "walked to the Spectrum" part of the day: This was a little bit hilarious. It really is a pretty short walk (maybe a mile, tops) from the train station, but somehow we took a wrong turn on the way there and ended up walking just a bit further than that. When Kevan told me to wear "comfortable shoes" he completely misread his target audience. To me, comfortable shoes means opting for flats instead of some great pointy heals. To get a person like me into tennies he really needed to say "dust off your running shoes, babe, we are going to be doing some trekking." I'm sure many a car full of people laughed at us as we "trekked" though Irvine with our double stroller and diaper bag trying to make our way to the Spectrum! Shoot, even we were laughing at us.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Daddy's Surprise
On Monday, Kevan had the day off and told me that he would plan something fun for the family. So, we all piled in the car Monday afternoon and waited to see where daddy would take us. When we pulled into the train station my first thought was that we were going to watch the trains come and go, which I knew Ezekiel would love. But, even better, we got to take a train ride! Believe it or not, I'd never been on a train so it was a first for me and my kids. We rode the train down to Irvine, and then walked to the Spectrum where we rode the merry-g0-round, sipped coffee, and hung out in Barnes and Noble. SUCH a great day, and the train ride was a hit. Ezekiel and I both loved it! We rode home tired and happy after a great day of new adventures, fresh air, and fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun!!! What a great idea... good job, Kevan :) Regarding the shoes: your feet may have hurt, but I'm sure you looked beautiful on your family outting :) Like I always tell Abby, "Sometimes it hurts to be beautiful..." LOL :)
Post a Comment