We are having such a great time preparing for Christmas this year. We have actual kids. I mean, Christmas is a totally different experience now that we have a little boy old enough to understand the excitement - and even catch a glimpse of the meaning ("Happy birthday Jesus"). And a little girl, too, with a new pink stocking hanging on the mantel and an adorable Christmas dress hanging in the closet (I confess, shopping for that was definitely a highlight of the season for me - who doesn't want to browse through darling little dresses and find just the right one for your own little girl?! Dream come true.) We're starting new traditions (a 25-day advent calendar with little doors hiding a small surprise or fun activity for the days leading up to Christmas) and trying to incorporate creative ways of conveying the Christmas message to our little ones (tonight I told the Christmas story to Ezekiel and made up little characters for the animals in the barn who were there when baby Jesus was born. Ezekiel kept saying "BAAAA" but, whatever, it's a starting point!).
Ok, time to play catch-up on pictures. Here are some of my recent favorites:
E in my dad's car on Thanksgiving
My sister with the kids when she surprised us at the house Thanksgiving morning!
Ezekiel is so funny in this picture!



4 comments:
Don't you just love having great grand parents for your children to love and learn from?
Bethany, your children are growing so fast and are adorable. I'm sure this will be a wonderful Christmas for you and the kids! (even the BIG one!)
That picture with Grandma Betsy makes Bekah jane look like one of Grandma's dolls! I seriously can't get enough of your family!!! When do I get to see you all again?!?!?! 7 days is WAY too long!!!
adorable pics! I love Bekahs little green sweater in those last few. And isn't it just so fun having Ezekial really talk to you?!? I love it!
Post a Comment