Monday, January 12, 2009

Right now.

A quick time out from this brilliantly sunny day to share a few things that I'm thankful for at this very moment:

  • The way Ezekiel responds when Bekah wakes up. "I get her!" he tells me then, both times today, he ran in there and says "Hi baby!! I miss you!" He climbs into her crib and throws his arms around her neck (she is usually screaming by this point, but he doesn't seem to mind).
  • My new large capacity washing machine! It is revolutionizing my life. My laundry baskets are nearly empty. EMPTY!! That hasn't happened since like 2005.
  • Bekah Jane officially joined Ezkekiel in backyard adventures today. E has always loved playing in the yard and will literally spend hours exploring and playing. This time Bekah was part of the fun - not just from her swing or exersaucer -but walking around getting into trouble and eating dirt. You know, the things that really make kids happy. It was great... and Ezekiel was so happy for a mobile playmate!
  • How wonderfully my kiddos played this morning (see bullet above) so that I could get some much-needed stuff done around the house (see bullet re: empty laundry baskets). It was an unusually quiet and peaceful morning.... much needed, especially since most of the time I feel like our house is better described by "chaos" rather than "peace and quiet." PS: As a reward for their wonderfulness, we also had a water fight (see: chaos) which left us soaking wet and giggling like a bunch of kids (oh, wait, they are kids... I just enjoyed the excuse to behave like one).
  • Clem the handyman. He came out this morning and did some electrical work that we've needed done forever. Our kitchen lights now look great and he was super affordable. I heart Clem.

Alright, that's it for now. It's been a good day. I know it's not even 2 o'clock but, hey, you've got to celebrate the small stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I kinda feel like Ezekiel today. . . I want to come over and say, "hi family, hi! I miss you!"

I am so glad you had such a wonderful day!

Thanks for posting these little stories.

Love you!