Monday, June 15, 2009

Bit about Bekah Jane

As of last week, my sweet little girl has taken to saying "Hold you?" just like her big brother. It's the first two words she's put together and I think it is the cutest thing, especially since she learned it from Ezekiel. She throws her arms around my neck and squeezes super tight when I pick her up. I can't believe how fast this pretty little girl is growing. She is a complicated girl already, too! Most of the time I think she is the easiest child ever (she is almost always happy, she sleeps great, she entertains herself really well, she is super social and adapts well in most situations...yeah, the bragging list is pretty long!), but some days I just cannot believe the attitude in this little one! She can be so sassy and smug and downright conniving. For instance, she will steal E's froggy and prance around the house likes it's the greatest prize, knowing that is makes him so angry. She's not even 18 months - how can she be so mean? So, my motto lately is "Don't be deceived by her cuteness!"

We absolutely ADORE this baby girl. I am kind of obsessed with her hair lately too. I love how long it's getting! She can do pony tails now and, yeah, it's basically the cutest thing ever. She is a joy and a blessing to me - every day I look at her and wonder how I could be so blessed to call her "daughter."

PS: The past three days she has slept in until 10 o'clock. Is that even sleeping in or did she just go straight into her nap?! Should I be worried? I think she is growing? That is 14 straight hours of sleep!




4 comments:

G said...

Oh - too precious! I love the hair! Ellie's is definitely growing, but we have to be more patient with the curly hair because it takes a long time before it actually looks long. I think your girl and mine were cut from the same cloth - amazingly wonderful most of the time and then fiesty and manipulative...such girls!
Love to you and your family,
Gina

Kelly said...

This is a belated comment on your Europe post. You guys were so brave doing that and I'm envious! So glad it worked out and the plane flights seemed to go smoothly. What a great family memory. And I agree with you about the beautiful landscape. Whenever I'm in Germany visiting my sister, I think I could just spend every minute outside in that lush scenery!!! I'll have to ask you when I see you more about how you handled the jet lag with them!

GCO DR Team 2015 said...

I think your Bekah Jane is pretty special too... and I'm not biased at all :) It's funny that you blogged about her sassiness - on Tuesday, after Kevan left, Abby said, "Sometime Rebekah doesn't look like she is happy to see us anymore..."

Stephanie said...

that picture in the blue dress is precious!