I've been wanting to share some of the crazy (and sweet!) stuff coming out of the mouth of my wonderful son lately. Here are the highlights:
- The other day I asked Ezekiel to share something with Bekah, and he responded "I want to share with Ezekiel."
- Ezekiel saw a squirrel up in the arena with my mom a few weeks back and said "Look! A chipmouse!"
- Similarly, we were at Irvine park last week when he mistakenly called a peacock a "greencock" - common mistake, I'm sure. Trish said "that sounds like something you should see your doctor for." Giggle.
- Ezekiel has a favorite Psalty CD that he always wants to listen to in the car. He absolutely BELTS out the songs and it cracks me and Kevan up. He has certain favorites too, like "I love you, Lord." When that song comes on he says "Touch the circle, mom!" refering to the knob that turns up the volume. Pretty clever, huh?
- From early on, Ezekiel plays really well by himself. He is entertained really easily and will find all kinds of creative things to stay busy. I love this about him...but I also love that now he often stops from his activity, runs over to find me, throws his arms around my neck and plants a kiss on my lips and says "I miss you mom." Then he runs off to play again. Now that just melts my heart.
- This is my favorite: Ezekiel is obsessed with the hill in my parents' backyard and loves to go on adventures. Elway will often go with him and it's just a boy and his dog tromping through the brush. So cute. I'm always nearby and one time I stood out of sight and just listened. Ezekiel was singing as he made his way up the hill and then - oops! - his foot caught and he fell flat on his belly in the dirt. I saw him lay there for a second and then say to himself "Oh, I fell. (Pause) I'm okay. Yes, I'm fine. C'mon Elway!" and he got up and brushed himself off. Then came the trek back down. When he reached the bottom he threw his hands up in the air and yelled "I'm home! We did it Elway!!" Oh, the comedy. I love it!
1 comment:
When I was hiking with Maddie and Zach last weekend, Maddie saw a pine cone and said, "Look at that big porcupine!" - Aaron
Post a Comment