So, in the spirit of thankfulness, here are some things I am grateful for during this season:
- My kids are thriving at grandma and papa's house. They are forming bonds that will last their entire lifetime.
- My parents are so, so gracious to us. We have been here 5 months. They continue to make us feel welcome, to consider our needs ahead of their own often times, and to pray with us as we search for our next house. It's sort of hard to imagine, but I really think they mostly enjoy having us here (even though we have basically taken over their house!).
- Even though my parents' place is under construction, it is really like staying at a resort. We are LOVING the pool, the playground, and all the room to play outside. It's really not such a bad way to spend your day.
- Back to the construction: Miraculously, my daughter can sleep through pounding nails, sledgehammers, and table saws. It's amazing. There are moments when I'm frustrated by the noise or mess, but then I remember that I had plenty of moments of frustration with my old home, and it wasn't even under construction!
- Kevan and I are doing GREAT as a couple through this time of transition. Lots of good things happening there, and I am so thankful for that.
- Kevan is loving the opportunity to glean from my dad. Dinner together every night, late night discussions, Saturday work days...plenty of opportunities to talk and learn.
- And I love hanging with my mom so much. It's like living with your best friend. I know I will miss this A LOT when we are (finally!) gone.
Wow, I am just getting started! But that's good for now. I write this so that, in my moments of discouragement, I am reminded of all that GOOD that is taking place during this season of unknowns.
I leave you with some long overdue pictures of us moving out. I miss you, Southgate house. But, as we moved out our furniture and toys and pictures, I realized that you are just a shell. A cute shell, but no longer our home. We will find a new place and fill it with memories and all the things that make up "us"....and it will be home.
Kevan packing up our "PODS"
One last chance to play in the yard (Vic is on his way to pick up the keys!)



Saying goodbye to their room




Saying goodbye to their room
Silly family pictures (I love you, french doors)
Bye-bye to our first home! You were so good to us...we look forward to seeing where we will plant our roots next!

3 comments:
I am so sorry Bethany. I will pray that the Lord will open the door to the perfect home for you guys very soon. Enjoy this time with your folks and make wonderful memories. Give kisses to those beautiful kids for us. Love you!
Hey...by the 10th offer you REALLY know what you're looking for :)
We rented for the first 18 years of our marriage, when God was gracious to give us our first home in OC.
What great memories you are storing for the future!
Sweet Bethany, God has just the right place for you and in His time He will make all things beautiful! Rest in Him, and enjoy the heck out of your folks' home! (and Cindy Lou, "this too shall pass!") Love you all -- I mean ALL
Post a Comment