How in the world is Elijah 3 months old already?? Whatever. But I will say this: They have been 3 WONDERFUL months! And I seriously fall more in love every day. Here is what I know about my little man, so far:
- He startles pretty easily. Loud noises, quick movements, even an unexpected touch can sometimes elicit his "startled cry." I've found that it actually makes a difference if I say "I'm going to pick you up now, Eli" before I move him. Maybe because it really just causes me to move slower around him?
- He loves his brother and sister! They can make him smile like none other, and he loves to watch them make funny faces and dance around.
- He loves his daddy! I swear, he actually tries to reach for him, except that he has no idea how to reach. It's just that his whole body seems to lurch toward Kevan in excitement whenever he's around.
- He's HUGE! He had a pretty good head start, but he still remains in the 95 percentile in both height and weight. At 2 months, he weighed in at 14 lbs. 1 oz! Love. love his rolls and husky little body.
- He's really strong. Holds his head up great, stands on his legs, tried to roll over around 8 weeks, then seemed to give up and hasn't tried lately, can sit up in his high chair and bumbo great.
- He is basically the happiest child ever. I know, I know...I am his mother and I am supposed to think he's amazing. But, really, he is. Even I can't get over it and I witness it every day. He is happy almost all the time. He can seriously just be sitting in his bouncy seat smiling at nothing. Unless he is hungry, tired - or startled! - he is content just hanging out. Plus, his laugh is just about the cutest thing ever! I know I thought the other 2 were easy as babies, but hmmmmm.....Eli might have them beat.
- Except....in ONE area! SLEEP! While Elijah naps like a champ during the day, and is on a super-predictable eating routine he is still not sleeping through the night. And I'd venture to say he's not even close. We've had a few good nights scattered here and there - 7, 8, and one 9 hour stretch! - but mostly he is still at 5 or 6 hours stretches. Same since the day we brought him home from the hospital! My only consolation is that I really don't think there is anything to "fix" since his days are so textbook. I think he just needs that extra feeding. Oh well. he is so darn cute I usually don't mind. Usually. =)
- I spend A LOT of time starring at this baby and playing with him. The rewards are so big - his precious smiles and adorable laugh. I am soaking him in, loving every moment of his baby-ness. And he is reminding me of the things I found so precious and innocent in my other 2 when they were babies. Good reminders, since they are no longer so innocent these days! =)
- So far, we are calling him Elijah, Eli, Husky, and Bull. We will see what "sticks"!
Love, love my Elijah!
PS: None of these pictures are super recent since my camera is dead. =( But those are some of his first smiles, around 6 weeks.
1 comment:
Oh my! Your little Chub-Chub is darling and looks like his big bro all swaddled up. Can't wait to get my hands on him. Thanks for taking time to share -- and get some sleep!
Post a Comment