Friday, November 19, 2010

Whatever is praiseworthy...

It's been a while since I've bragged on my husband. Not for lack of his wonderfulness, just a lack of time. =) But I cannot let this day pass without singing his praises. This is the stuff I want to remember; and when I write, I remember.

#27: The other night, Kevan and I watched some lame show on how People magazine chooses it's "Sexiest Man" winner (hey we were exhausted and it was mindless entertainment!). I couldn't help but think that my definition of "sexy" varies slightly from People. You know what's sexy? When you wake up feeling super rested, only to discover that your husband has been up with the baby for hours - and warmed up a bottle of frozen breast milk on his own accord - just to give you a night of blessed uninterrupted sleep. Put THAT man on the cover of a magazine! PS: Plus, he's hot.

#28: The way Kevan responded today when we got a call from Koinonia. I think that is a separate blog post, but I LOVE that he didn't even hesitate to say "YES!" when they asked us if we were willing to take in 2 boys. It would have been ok if he wanted to wait (we'd agreed to wait until Elijah was 6 months), but his excitement (even as we talked through all the "practical" stuff) was practically oozing out of him. Seeing him in that moment, completely surrendered as a father and leader of our home, willing to add more to his load, to step up to a bigger challenge, to pour out his life for another, again...that is the best version of my husband right there.

#29: I pretty much have never loved my husband more than when I am in labor. And it just gets better with every baby. He is the best coach EVER. With Elijah, I just kept thinking "If I can see Kevan, if I can look into his eyes, I can do this." If I took my eyes off him, I lost focus, started to panic. He is my anchor. He knows it, and takes that job very seriously. I want to have a hundred more babies just to keep sharing that experience with him (unfortunately, they make you take those babies home and raise them forever, so I probably won't be doing that.)

Wow, this is a good exercise. I am, once again, in awe of this man God has provided for me. And it is ONLY by God's grace that anything good is coming from our marriage. May HE be honored and glorified for His work in our lives!

No comments: