Sunday, December 17, 2006

Great-Grandparents

Kevan and I are both blessed to have all of our grandparents still alive to enjoy their new great-grandson. This past weekend, Ezekiel and I spent the weekend with my mom visiting her parents in Santa Maria. What a special time we had sharing Ezekiel with his doting great-grandparents. They enjoyed him so much and I found myself tearing up several times at the sweet moments they shared together. We are looking forward to visitng great-grandpa and Avoa Burns in Arizona in January. I know they are anxious to meet their first great-grandson as well!


Loving on Grandma Cindy at AJ Spurs on our way up to Santa Maria


Hanging out with "the guys" at Grandpa's donut shop. Every morning my grandpa Norris meets his friends for coffee at this donut shop, and they sit around telling stories and making jabs at each other. I always loved tagging along with him as a kid and it was pretty surreal to bring my son along this time, too. Ezekiel got plenty of attention from the regulars! PS: Check out Santa Claus in the background. I'm telling you, this place is like a scene from a movie!




So much to learn from great-grandpa Norris...


My grandma Betsy and I gave Ezekiel a bath in the same sink I used to get my baths in as a baby. (Everything is sentimental when you visit your grandparents!)


Ezekiel loves his bath time!


This is one of my favorite pictures. We went to church with grandpa and grandma this morning, and grandpa was so excited to go get Ezekiel from the nursery after the service. He came walking down the stairs with the baby tight in his arms and proudly showed him to his friends saying "This is my great-grandson." It was such a sweet time.

No comments: