Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

A tribute to Ezekiel's dad:

I don't know who is more blessed - Ezekiel for having such a great dad, or me for having such a wonderful husband. What I have learned, though, is that the two things really go hand in hand. A really good dad sure makes for an awesome husband. Kevan is not just Ezekiel's daddy, but he is my partner in parenting and consistently shows me that we are in this together. One of the things that Kevan is best at is being a part of the day-to-day activities that make up Ezekiel's life. He takes every opportunity to feed him, rock him, play with him (boy, do they play!), talk to him about "man" stuff, and help him fall asleep... he even changes diapers without being asked! From the beginning, Kevan has been an active participant in this parenting adventure and it has blessed me more than he knows. I told him this morning "I knew you would be a good dad, but I don't think I ever imagined this." So, here's to my amazing husband, and Ezekiel's wonderful daddy!


Loving on our newborn son


Showing off his little guy at an ECCU picnic


Snuggle time


Ezekiel already looks up to his daddy so much


Kevan is excited that he gets to feed Ezekiel more now that he is using a bottle!


Teaching Ezekiel how to change a tire!

To my own dad: You have set the stage for what it means to be a godly and loving father. We could not ask for a better example of fathering in our family!

And, to the other great dads in my life, my 3 brothers: Who knew you guys could be so darn loving? You are all such wonderful dads and I am so proud of you!

No comments: