Sunday, February 10, 2008

What a week!

This week was super busy...and super great. Full of blessings and wonderful memories. Here is a quick recap:
Tuesday... I had the privilege of assisting my friend, Candice, with the delivery of her 3rd baby. Candice had asked me to be available to help her with breathing and pain management - I was just excited to have a front row seat to such an amazing event! Jaclynn Grace was born that afternoon and it was such a joy to be part of her birth. Congratulations, Steven and Candice, on your beautiful baby girl!

Wednesday...Heidi and Kate came over for a play date in our backyard. We picked oranges and had an orange-only picnic on a blanket. The kids loved it and Heidi and I soaked up the sunshine and great conversation. Ahhh... I love being a stay-at-home mom!


Thursday... I was so spoiled on Thursday I am almost embarrassed to talk about it. But it was a wonderful day made possible by some wonderful people in my life. Our good friend Robert got us a gift certificate to Ruth's Chris for Christmas (soooo generous of him!) and Kevan and I decided to make a night of it on Thursday. Kevan also happened to get me a gift card to buy new make up for Christmas, so Thursday afternoon he took me to the mall and I had my make-up done (so relaxing and fun for me!). Not only did my sweet husband pamper me with new make-up, he took the kids and walked around the mall with them, brought me a coffee, and picked out a dress for me to wear that night. I know, I told you it was a great day. Then, we dropped off the kids at my parents (thank you mom and dad!) and enjoyed an amazing and romantic dinner together. YUM... it was such a treat! THANK YOU ROBERT!

Friday... Since Kevan was off on Friday, we took off in the early afternoon to head to my brother's house to spend the day with him, Annette, and their 3 adorable kids. We had such a great time playing in the yard, eating pizza, and enjoying Annette's DELICIOUS chocolate chip cookies. Kevan and I loved hanging out with the kids and having grown-up conversation with Aaron and Annette while the kids entertained each other.


Maddie picking flowers for me... so cute!
Zach was collecting stones
Cami and Ezekiel playing house
My brother told me a few days before Rebekah was born that I was going to have to settle for the 3rd cutest girl in the world because his 2 girls held the #1 spot. I have to admit, they are pretty darn cute! Look at Cami's charming little grin.


Saturday... a few fun pictures of Ezekiel getting ready to go to bed in his new pajamers Saturday night....



These pictures are especially for you, Aunt Rebekah, because I know how much you love to get Ezekiel ready for bed. Doesn't he look so sweet?
And, finally, Sunday... Today we headed to church and then to a get-together for our young married's class.
Rebekah Jane all ready for church...
Ezekiel loves to play with his cousins after church. Today, they had fun hanging out on the lawn...
The 4 new additions to our young marrieds class. From left to right: Matthew, Isaiah, Jaclynn, and Rebekah Jane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought Joseph the exact same PJ's as Ezekiel. I love the little fire trucks and dalmations :-)

GCO DR Team 2015 said...

Wow! What a full week!!! I love all the pictures of the kids! Maddie looks so grown up in that picture... where did the time go??? I love that picture of the boys on the grass! Sooo cute... what boys :)

The kids and I are looking forward to watching Ezekiel (and Rebekah too... if you can part with her!) soon :)

Love you!