Monday, May 19, 2008

Mama's Day

First, I just have to say that these super hot days sure make for some beautiful mornings! I started my day sitting outside to work for a bit while Ezekiel slept and Bekah Jane hung out in her exersaucer. It feels like vacation out here! Love it.

On to Mother's Day... I know this is a bit belated, but there is too much good stuff to skip. The best part about Mother's Day was that we had Rebekah Jane dedicated at church. It was a sweet time and I love knowing that our church stands with us in support and prayer as we raise our daughter to love the Lord.









After church we went to my mom's and surprised her with a picnic lunch in the yard. Beautiful weather, delicious food, and so fun to just hang outside and eat. We all loved it (Even the boys, I think. At first, they couldn't seem to understand why we would pass up a perfectly good table for a piece of grass).


Alice and Abby (and their cute matching dresses!)
See, aren't the boys having such a fun time?

Every year, I run up against the same challenge on Mother's Day. I can never seem to find the right card or gift for my mom, because nothing is ever special enough to truly reflect how I feel about her. Growing up, my mom was serious about two things: training us kids to live like Jesus, and making sure we knew how much she loved us. She would hug us until our "love tanks" were full, surprise me at school by taking me out to lunch, plan special trips for just me and her, and stay up late to talk about my night when I got home from hanging out with friends. As an adult, she is now one of my best friends and continues to be the most selfless, patient, and wise mom (and grandma!). So... I always want to get her the most awesome present because, if anyone deserves it, she certainly does. But since they don't sell sunshine in a bottle and because I can't afford to get her a new horse, I usually have to settle for just sharing my heart with her in a card. And, for some reason, she doesn't seem to mind.



One other GREAT thing about Mother's Day is that my sister gave us moms (me, mom, and Alice) a super wonderful present. She set up her massage table in the backyard next to a lovely fountain and treated each of us to a massage. (I bet Annette and Melissa are really wishing they could have been there!). It was sooo relaxing to be outside, listening to the water, and being completely pampered. Thank you, Beckah!! (See why I named my daughter after her?!)

One other funny thing: For some reason, Ezekiel ended up in just his diaper most of the day. At one point, he really wanted to wear his tie so he spent the rest of the day running around in his tie and a diaper.













1 comment:

Mom said...

You just gave me the best Mother's Day ever. I love you!