So, Kevan and I had a friendly bet on whether or not Ezekiel would make it down the aisle during his grand debut as a ring bearer last weekend. Kevan's guess: Absolutely. Mine: Not so much. And the winner is.... Kevan. Technically. Yes, our brave little guy walked all the way down the aisle... crying the entire way.
If it hadn't been so darn funny, I think I would have run and scooped him up. Poor little thing was scared to death of all those people staring at him! As soon as the doors opened for him and Abby, all those poor guests heard were the wails of my terrified son. I really hadn't considered this scenario. I figured he'd either run down the aisle yelling "ball!" or some other random word, or plop his little bottom down and not budge. But I really never thought about him actually making the voyage crying the whole time. Scared as he was, he just kept putting one foot in front of the other and got the job done. Of course, it didn't hurt that Abby girl managed to keep a tight hold on his hand while still holding her basket and dropping petals along the way. She was determined to be the best little flower girl no matter what her baby cousin was doing! Sooo cute. When Ezekiel reached the bottom of the aisle, I was waiting there for him with treats in hand and a big hug. And he had a blast the rest of the night! Oh, what a little cutie pie he was that night. He looked so stinkin' adorable in his little outfit - and I really think he enjoyed all the attention (from the safety of my arms) that comes along with being the super star ring bearer. Plus, he got to get his groove on on the dance floor, which was pretty awesome. Thank you, Selah, for letting Ezekiel share in your special day! We are so happy for you and Kenny - the wedding was a truly beautiful celebration!
Beautiful Abby and Ezekiel - preparing for their big moment
So sweet. Abby looked like an absolute angel.
"Hey, I did it!"
To celebrate, Abby threw all her rose petals on Ezekiel's head.
3 comments:
Ezekiel looked absolutely adorable in his little outfit, and Abby, what a trooper! Oh, and you're right about her looking like a little angel. What a fun memory!
So cute! And that must have been a so funny,sad,embarrassing, just make you smile moment! And we all know what a good cousin / little mommy that Abby is - so adorable!
Like I've said before - you are one lucky mommy -oh and Happy Mother's Day!
What a great day it seems. Got some great wedding photos from Kerri. I can't believe Selah is married. Matthew said the day was really all about Abigail. She totally reminds me of you at that age :-) Happy late Mother's Day. The best day of the whole year!
Post a Comment