Sunday, November 23, 2008
Bad Mama!
Yesterday Ezekiel was super whiny. I mean, really annoying. I think it's cute when he's says "hold you?" - but it gets really un-cute about the 22nd time in a row. All he wanted to do was sit and have me hold him. Which would have been ok, except that he really wasn't even happy then (and, truth be told, I had about a million things I was trying to get done yesterday morning). I kept trying to suggest a toy or book that would hold his attention...nothing. Not even Elmo. Well, that should have tipped me off right there but, no, I was still too dense. So, when Kevan got home from football and I told him I was at my wit's end, my sweet husband suggested he take Ezekiel out for some father-son bonding. And, just as he got him loaded into the car and strapped into the carseat... Ezekiel threw up. Everywhere. Bad. Smelly. Grown-up style. And I had two thoughts: "Ohhh, that's what's wrong with him!" and, then, "Wow, I suck." Poor kid had spent the whole morning with a tummy ache and didn't get an ounce of compassion from his mama...actually he mostly just got reprimanded. What's funny, though, is that here I'd spent the day worrying that my tough kid had turned into a big fat whiner. And, it turns out, he was really just being tough all along. He never once said to me anything indicating that he was sick (not a "tummy" or "hurt"... nothing) - I think he was practicing mind over matter (just like his mama - so proud.) Lesson learned: If my kid is acting weird, something is wrong! He needs a big hug and an even bigger bowl...and definitely not a car ride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope it was Kevans car and not yours. Love you !
You never know, that is the hard part. You are a wonderful Mother!!! We all have days and we all have days that are lessons, look like you had a good one. Can't wait to see you. What size is your dolls footies these days? I may have shoes for you!!!
Oh my gosh - I had the same experience with my Ezekiel yesterday! He was whiny all day...seemed a little under the weather, but I thought he was just tired...then a few times he said his tummy hurt - but that usually just means he need to use the toilet. Last night after brushing teeth he said his stomach hurt and I told him he was just tired...I turned around to get Violet and I heard that noise...yup - puking all over the bathroom. Poor baby. I felt bad too.
Post a Comment