- My new baby girl. This was Bekah Jane's first Thanksgiving and I am so grateful for her in my life. She is starting to say "bye-bye" when she waves, and it just warms my heart to hear her little voice. She is an absolute JOY... still can't believe I have a daughter.
- How unbelievably cute my kids are when they play together. Ezekiel laughed with joy the first time he saw his sister, and has not stopped adoring her since! Kevan and I don't take their special relationship for granted and can't get over how fun they are to watch interact. This morning when Ezekiel woke up he came right over to Bekah Jane sitting in my lap. He stretched his arms out wide and said "C'mere baby!!". Love it.
- The Bible study I started attending in September. Since becoming a mom, I've had a hard time digging into the word and I'm so grateful for this study to give me direction and accountability. It is challenging me to acknowlege the "lies" I've been living and to replace them with Biblical truths. I love studying the truth of God's word and learning how to apply it to my life. It is absolutely changing the way I live for God.
- My amazing friends. Wow, am I blessed in this category. This has been a year of deep growth with my friends and I am thankful for each girl and the unique richness she adds to my life. No matter what season of life I'm in, each of my girlfriends meets the needs of my heart in their own special way. Beautiful women, beautiful friendships.
- My awesome husband. Example of the day: I came home from work Monday night sick as a dog. Yep, the flu. Kevan quickly ushered me to bed, took care of the kids, got the house picked up and cleaned, and kept checking on me to offer a back rub or bring me 7-up. When I told him "Thank you - you are amazing" he said with a smile "You're worth it. How 'bout that?" Oh, I feel loved.
Wow, I'm in a good mood. How could you not be after a list like that? I hope you all had a blessed and memorable Thanksgiving! Praise be to God for his abundant blessings in our lives.
3 comments:
I got overwhelming joyful feelings in my heart as I read about your Thanksgiving Day with the family. How special that Rebekah came home!Thank you for sharing in such a way that I could just visualize it in my mind! You are a great writer and express yourself with words that give pictures to the readers!
Wow, beautiful post Beth. I am so thankful for you my friend. Love you.
Bethany, I absolutely love reading your posts. They are always so beautiful and inspiring. Where most people would complain about the things they don't have or be upset with the trials we go through in life, every single blog of yours is focused on all the good, all the blessings you have in your life. It's so uplifting to come to your webpage and read your blog and it reminds me to be thankful for the blessings in my own life.
I am so glad your family got to have Beckah home for Thanksgiving! What an amazing gift!
Hugs,
Jeni
Post a Comment