
Today I am 14 weeks pregnant. And I'm thanking God for this new little miracle growing inside me. Isn't motherhood the funniest thing? We can have the most challenging of days with our kids, feel pushed and tested, frustrated and discouraged, yet hearing the heartbeat of new life - another baby to add to the craziness - is the best sound in the entire world. Where is the rationale in that? How can we love so fiercly, so unconditionally, so recklessly? Yet I thank God that we do - and that we can recognize His children for exactly what they are...abundant blessings from Him. We are THRILLED to be expecting another baby. In some ways, I feel like it's my first all over again. Maybe it's because I had more of a break between Bekah Jane and this one and had longer to get the "baby bug." Or maybe because we weren't sure if we would be able to have another baby after our last misacrriage. Either way, I am all giddy and daydreamy about this baby...and absolutely cannot wait to hold that little newborn body. The kids have been so incredibly sweet about "their baby" so that just adds to the fun. I am honestly surprised by how much they "get it" and how often they refer to the baby. The other day Bekah Jane spontaneously pulled up my shirt and kissed my belly. And Ezekiel is always asking questions, "Mom, does the baby have two eys?" "Mom, can I see the baby now?" What a joy it is to share this experience with them!
We found out we were expecting a baby the day we moved into our new house. What a fun celebration that was - a new house, a new baby, and a new beginning after a whole lot of waiting. God's timing is rarely our own, but His plans are always so much better than what we conjure up.
February 24th - the day before I turn the big 3-0 - we should find out if we're having a boy or a girl! I CAN'T WAIT! The curiousity is killing me! And, honestly, I don't care either way. The best way I can put it is, I want both! So I'm bound to be happy with one or the other, right?
2 comments:
Congratulations!!! So excited for you guys. :)
Hey the 24th is a great day! I'll be thinking of you (as I always do). So excited to meet this new little one. BTW, are you really turning 30?!?!
Post a Comment