Monday, June 07, 2010

Quick Updates!

I sort of feel like today is a pivotal day. I turned in a HUGE stack of paperwork to Koinonia today...getting us one step closer to our certification, and one step closer to adopting! Yay! It was sort of like finishing a final term paper...a big relief to get it done! I am excited all over again about this journey we are on.

PLUS we set up our home study...another big milestone! From what I understand, it's sort of a "biggie" because a complete stranger comes into your home and asks you every personal question she can think of. Should be fun. =)

Funny thing about the home study: I had to reschedule from the first time and date, because I soon realized I had overlapped our home study with a baby shower my friend Heidi is throwing me. I bet our social worker doesn't see that schedule conflict all too often. =)

In pregnancy news, I am oh-so-thankful that I've had more energy this past week or so and that I'm feeling really, really good! I hope this keeps up! I'd love to end this pregnancy on a high. I am enjoying feeling the baby move SO much and getting really excited/nervous about labor. But even the nervousness is exciting. I really, really can't wait to meet our new baby. And I do feel more confident about labor, since we've been-there-done-that. I can't wait to see Kevan in action again. He is the best coach a girl could ask for. Somehow, in spite of the crazy amount of pain, it ends up being such a beautiful memory. Hoping and praying for the same experience this time around!

That's all for now. Just trying to capture the highlights...I want to remember this time for all that it is....the good, the bad, and the beautiful!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Congratulations!! You guys have so many amazing things to look forward to! What a blessing to be feeling energetic!! P.S. Love the scheduling conflict....I can't imagine that's one they hear often!