Monday, September 05, 2011

Bad Hair Day (and other fun facts about Bekah Jane)

Today was the day. The day I've dreaded ever since I realized my daughter would have beautiful, long, silky soft blond hair. Yep, she chopped it. Butchered it. Hacked it. Ughhhh! And she actually seems proud of herself.




Admittedly, my reaction revealed a teensy bit of pride I have in my baby girl's beauty. It was definitely more about me than her, since I happen to love doin' up her pretty little head (in all fairness, I thought she loved it too....but apparently she would prefer a buzz cut).


Like any good mother, I rushed her to a kiddie salon to see if they could salvage this mess. (I actually told the stylist "I only have ONE girl...please save her hair!!" Hmmm...perhaps a little dramatic, in reflection.) Wow, are those people experts. Turns out they do such damage control on a daily basis. Honestly, it was pretty bad and they managed to find a cut and style that just might get us through the next few months!


In other news, here are a few fun facts about this one girl of mine:


  • She mixes up words in the cutest way. She calls daddy's uniforms "unicorns" and polka dots "coco-nuts" (as in: I want to wear my coco-nut jammies, mom!).


  • I mentioned to her today that we might change C's name if we adopt him. Her response? "Oh good! I will call him Ezekiel! That is a GREAT name!" Ummm...think we already used that one.


  • Tonight at bedtime I asked her what she was thankful for today. Her answer cracked me up: "Meat."

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOVE this post! So fun to think back on all of the cute/funny things our kids say :)

Jen Epperson said...

I love that little girl---everything that comes out of her mouth is seriously hilarious. I especially love watching her perform and entertain. The next Jana Alayra, for sure ;) (Ps--Caden calls Polka Dots Poconuts!! haha those two are meant to be)