Love that kids make us laugh! A couple cute things from my 2 oldest:
Ezekiel got all dressed up in a costume that he assembled himself. With a red mask covering his face and a tinker-toy sword in his hand, he asked me very seriously, "Is God speaking to me?"
Not sure what he meant, I told him that God speaks to us all the time and that, sure, God could be speaking to him. Of course he then asked "What is he saying to me?"
So I dove into a pretty lengthy explanation about how whatever God says to us will be in alignment with His word...so "maybe God is saying that he loves you and loves your creativity."
Ezekiel answered, "So he likes my costume then, right, mom? Is it honoring to God?"
You know, at the time it just seemed funny -- especially as he said such mature things in that super silly costume. But, as I write it, that little story is pretty sweet too, now isn't it?
***
Tonight at bedtime, Bekah Jane and I were talking about self-control and how God can help us change our attitudes. Of course, I'm pretty good at these little discussions after my kid's bad attitude has changed...in the middle of an attitude problem I may be more likely to tell my kid to suck it up and knock it off. Bekah Jane meshed my two approaches perfectly with this little illustration: She says to me, "'Member when you were crying in the kitchen, mom?"
Not really remembering a specific incident she's referring to, but sure that's probably happened I asked "Oh, was I sad about something?" "Yeah," she says, "but you sucked it up, mom. God helped you to suck it up."
3 comments:
Love this!
LOVE these stories :)
We could use a little more Bekah Jane theology.
Post a Comment