Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blessings

I just returned from another wonderful trip to Santa Maria to visit my grandparents. My mom and I took Ezekiel for 3 days of hanging out and making memories. When I was a kid, I used to get so sad that I couldn't just head over to grandma's for a couple hours whenever I wanted to see her. It was always a long drive and a special trip to make it happen. I am so blessed that now, even though they are still just as far, I am able to visit more often and even share my son with them. These are sweet times and precious memories. I am continually struck by how thankful I am to be home with Ezekiel and all the "fringe benefits" that allows during this season - like occasional trips to grandma and grandpa's in the middle of the week!

Hi grandma! We made it! Thanks for waiting up!


Morning 1 of 3 at the donut shop. Ezekiel is becoming "regular" there just like his great-grandpa! They all remembered him and he got passed around from the shop owner to the biker who sits in the same seat every morning. What a great time we have hearing stories and watching small-town life unfold in this bustling little coffee shop.


Sign right next to the dounut shop




Ezekiel trying out the high chair that his mama used to use at grandma and grandpa's. He thought he was a rock star banging away at that metal tray. Hmmm... I wonder why they make them plastic now?




Taking a bath like a big kid in grandma's tub. He thought he was at Wild Rivers it was so much fun.


Our evening entertainment


Grandma and Grandpa at this GREAT little cajun restaurant we discovered down the street from their house. What a fun dinner that was!


Outside the restaurant after dinner. Grandpa wanted to carry his great-grandson whenever possible. And every time he spoke, Ezekiel would turn his head and look right at him, or even reach out his arm to touch his jacket. He knows wisdom when he hears it!



Playing piano with grandma Betsy... while mom packs the car to head home.

No comments: