Sunday, December 30, 2007

She's Here!!!

Rebekah Jane


We are thrilled to announce that our little Rebekah Jane arrived at 12:07 p.m. on December 27th! She weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 19 inches long. She is so perfect and beautiful... we can hardly believe it.

Bekah Jane is named after my sister, Rebekah, and my grandma, Betsy Jane. Since we kept the name a surprise the whole pregnancy, it was so awesome to share it in the delivery room with my family shortly after she was born. My sister made it home from the Dominican Republic in time to see her niece's birth, and what a special moment that was to tell her this little one has her name. I'm pretty sure even the nurse was crying. =) We could not think of a more beautiful name or a more beautiful person to name her after.

Everything about her birthday was an answer to prayer! We prayed that God would make himself known in her delivery, and that was so evident! She arrived safe and healthy after just 2 hours of not-so-bad labor. Who can ask for anything more? It is such a miracle, and we thank God for ALL of his blessings!

Ezekiel seems pretty excited about his new friend, too. Introducing him to his sister in the hospital was just about the cutest thing I've seen. He just kept giggling and pointing at her and tring to touch her with one little finger. And he laughs and says "baby" every time he comes over to her now. So sweet.

Ok, so here's what you've been waiting for... pictures! And MANY more to come!




Kevan was an awesome labor coach... I am so thankful for him!


What an amazing picture - welcome to the world, baby girl



Meeting my daughter












"Aunt Rebekah, meet baby Rebekah"


Ezekiel meets his baby sister






Going home! All pretty in pink =)





Showing Rebekah Jane her special room

Our miracle from God...

12 comments:

himandhermuller said...

Kevan,Bethany,Ezekiel and Rebekah-
We are so happy for all of you. We are so glad that she is her, beautiful and healthy. We can't wait to meet this little blessing.

Congratulations!!

Love,
Lissa,Alan and Bryce

G said...

She is so precious!! Praise God that the labor and delivery went smoothly. Bethany, you look amazing! Can't wait to see you both...
Love,Gina

Carrie P said...

congratulations Bethany!! She is so beautiful!! She looks like a little doll! Wow. I'm so happy your labor was great and everything is going so well. Praise God.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Bethany, congratulations! She's beautiful and how wonderful that she arrived so peacefully! May God bless you all!!!
Hugs,
Jen

Kelly said...

She is so beautiful. Congratulations and what a sweet story about naming her after your sister. :)

GCO DR Team 2015 said...

She is well worth the wait!!! Bekah Jane is amazing and sooo beautiful :) What a wonderful blessing that He has poured out upon our family. What a blessing the God has chosen you to be her family!

Thank you for sharing Rebekah with us all week.

Oh... her room is perfect! I love the lettering on the wall!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratuations! She is so beautiful and what a wonderful namesake. I love you Bethany. Give your family a big hug from me.

babyrndeb said...

Bethany -
I didn't know that you had a blogsite.Now I can keep up to date with your cute little family. Erika said that she saw Rebekah on Sunday and that she "is so beautiful!". Congratulations again on her birth! You were an awesome patient - should have made a video on how to birth...
Congratulations again and thanks for allowing me to be a part of your special day.
Enjoy your little girl - I can't wait to see her again!
Love,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon Plumb Family!

Your latest edition is simply divine. She's just precious and Ezekiel seems quite enamored with her. Rest well and let us know if there's anything you need. I can't wait to meet her.

Blessings, Jessica & James (Fall)

Anonymous said...

I check you site about hmmm... 8 times a day, just to peek at this little beauty. I can't wait to meet her!!! I MISS YOU B!!!! So happy you are so enjoying these first days with your newest addition! Love you!

Kari said...

What a cutie!! Congratulations on the newest addition. She's adorable, and I'm so glad things went smoothly at her birth. Welcome to the world, Rebekah Jane!

-Kari Ellis

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bethany and Kevan, on your beautiful little girl, and congratulations to little Ezekial on becoming a big brother!
You all make such a beautiful family and the love you have for each other so clearly shines through the pictures. Seriously, I got teary-eyed looking at these!
Well, congrats again Plumb family!

Love,
Jeni

P.S. I'm so glad you enabled anonymous comments on this site so I can leave you comments!