Saturday, May 03, 2008

Rolling over and other great stuff

A few days ago I was talking to my sister-in-law, Annette, about her latest doctors appt. Annette is pregnant with her 4th child and she was going on and on about how fun her appointment was and how wonderful it was to see the baby on the ultrasound. I couldn't help but notice that her enthusiasm had not waned from baby number one to baby number four. 37 OB appointments later (or something like that), and it is still amazing. That is how we felt yesterday when our little Bekah Jane rolled over for the first time. Both Kevan and I were there cheering her on. We'd known she was gettting close for days now. And then, all of a sudden, flop!, there she was on her tummy! Hooray! You would think we had never seen anything so great. We were clapping, picture-taking fools. It just doesn't get old.



Rebekah also had another big day this week when she went in for her 4-month check up. (ps: I can't believe she is four months!! I still have baby announcements to send out. How did this happen?!). According to our trusty pediatrician, she is doing great and healthy as can be. She weighs 14 lbs. 4 oz., which puts her in the 70th percentile but we still think she is just a wee little thing. Her big brother was "off the charts" at this age, so she is all girly and dainty in my eyes. =) I was glad that she passed all the little tests: Does she hold her head up? Check. Does she follow me across the room with her eyes? Check. Does she give us any sleep at night? Check, check. (We are super lucky in this category). But why didn't he ask the fun stuff? Like if she likes playing dress up and if she's making friends (of course!). He didn't even want to hear her cute little laugh. I can't imagine.
A few photos on the day she turned 4 months:




We had a fun day of swimming at my mom's this week with Heidi and her kiddos. This was Bekah's first time in the pool, and she seemed pretty relaxed.





Dance party with Everett (see, I told you she is making friends!)

I leave you with a little update on Ezekiel. Two things: 1.) He is obsessed with Elmo. How this happened, I don't know. I think Sesame Street adds some addictive quality to his little voice or something. My son saw that show maybe twice before he was absolutely hooked on that little red monster. What happened next is entirely our fault. We fed the habit.

Yes, that is our son sitting in an Elmo chair holding an Elmo doll. Don't judge. We are entirely aware that this is spoiling and we plan to put an end to it immediately. =)
2.) Ezekiel is a ring bearer in a wedding tonight. His one job is to make it down the aisle in his adorable little outift holding his cousin Abby's hand and the ring pillow. Wish us luck.
PS: For those of you asking, the 2 babies on the way in our family belong to Aaron and Annette and Andrew and Melissa. We are so excited!

7 comments:

Jen Epperson said...

Those pictures are classic! Bekah looks like a model, and Ezekiel's Elmo-fest is hilarious! He may or may not have watched Elmo once at my house...oops...
Your kids are the cutest!

Anonymous said...

i can't believe Bekah is 4 months old either!! man. where does the time go? you look beautimous by the way. :)
rachel b

Annette said...

When Maddie was born, we wondered if we would find each little milestone as exciting as we did with Zach but it really is true that each kid is just as exciting. I still am watching with absolute delight each little move of Cami's and I think she is a genius with each new word or phrase she utters. The other day Maddie was in the bathroom and said she needed some wipes. Aaron just yelled back to just use the toilet paper. Pretty soon I look and there is Cami carrying the package of wipes down the hall and delivering it to her sister. I thought, "What a smart little girl." I just find each stage of development so interesting.

Kari said...

What cute kiddos!

Heidi said...

I am so proud of you Bekah! You are way ahead of your boyfriend Everett. He is not even close to rolling over. You also look so pretty in your new headband.

Ezekiel, tell your Mom it is totally normal to be obsessed with Elmo. These days you can't even be considered a toddler if you're not (that's what Kate said).

Becky Churchill said...

I can't get over how big Bekah has gotten. Both of your kids are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Hey no spoiling there - Joseph has the same Elmo doll and chair at our house!