Wow, is it hot. We are trying to stay inside and stay cool today. I just changed the air filter to make sure we are getting optimal performance out of our air conditioner.
So, the kids are playing nicely and I thought I'd take a minute to chat about what is new at our house. A little snapshot:
-My sister returned back to the Domincan Republic after a WONDERFUL week visiting home. It was so good to see her, and one of my favorite visits with her yet. We spent 2 days up in Santa Maria visiting my grandparents with my mom and the kids... a great time.
With my sis at the "Princess Tea" at church
-Mother's Day was good, but I think I'll devote a whole post to that. Stay tuned.
-Ezekiel has been sooo cute with his sister lately. From day one (honestly from the moment he met her!), he has doted on that little girl. On Friday night, the two of them were actually playing together. Ezekiel was pushing her in the swing and laughing and she was laughing right along with him. Adorable. He will also randomly stop playing, come over to her, kiss her head, and say "nice." Earlier today he walked up to her while I was holding her and threw his arms around her and patted her back. Oh, how it warms my heart.
-I have been thinking a lot about my "ecological footprint" lately, wondering what changes I can make to help reduce my imprint on the earth. It is important to me that I teach my kids about social responsibility, for several reasons. I want them to be good stewards of the resources God has given them, I want them to live on the cleanest, healthiest earth possibile, and because I want them to have an acute awareness that there is more to this world than their own lives. So it begins with me, setting the example. Does your family practice any environmentally friendly disciplines? I'd love to hear your tips!
-I love Craig's List. Yesterday I was on a quest for 2 new things: a toddler bed for Ezekiel and a new diaper bag (love my diaper bag, but I have used it every day for almost 2 years and it has seen better days). And I found both for half price on Craig's List! Hooray!
-So, Kevan has had some weird, mysterious illness for two weeks now. It is really starting to suck, to be honest. At first the doctor thought it was mono (totally has all the symptoms, but the tests came back negative.) So now we're left thinking it is a "serious upper respitory infection." Whatever it is, it is not my friend. Kevan has pretty much been sleeping (with brief interruptions to work his shift) for the last 2 weeks straight. Please pray for him if you think of it, and pray for me to be compassionate (a character trait I'm, um, working on).
Let's end on a happy note:
Ezekiel has been quite the sleeper-inner lately. I took this pic at 9:30 the other morning, right before I woke him up (which I normally would NEVER do. But, c'mon, 9:30?!?)
PS: I'm not kidding you, since the time I started writing this blog, our air conditioning has stopped working. I don't know what the deal is, but it is HOT in here!
5 comments:
Beth,
Ezekiel and the lemons, what a wonderful picture. Is your air working? Do you need Alan? He can be there. We will pray for Kevan, and you. I know what you are talking about, you are doing great.
Lets talk this week.
Love,
Lissa
I always love your posts...even the random ones. And I'll pray for your compassion...I too am horrible about that at home. Like "I care all day at work now I have to take care of you too?" So I can empathize! Cute pictures of the kids.
You totally look like your mom in that first picture of you and Bekah. I had to look twice to see who it was :-)
And hey, we all tend to lack a little compassion when one is sick in the house - especially for 2 weeks.
Cute pictures, bethany. I struggle so much with compassion/sympathy when my husband is sick! I want to say "SUCK IT UP!I had the same thing a week ago and I didn't get to sleep it off!" But the Lord is working with me in this area...
Also - I commend you on wanting to teach your kids to be responsible for the earth! I want to do that too...I'm still trying to find good ideas too.
oh yeah - and wow you're brave to be putting Ezekiel into a toddler bed! I keep putting that off with my Ezekiel...
I so love reading about you guys. I miss you all like mad and hate that I can't just be there. I hope that Kevan is improving or that they at least know more about what's up with him and if they don't, I hope that you don't go crazy in the process. :-) Give some lovin' to everyone for me.
Rach B.
Post a Comment