Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Catching up... Random thoughts before I hit the hay

Here's the latest with our little family:

*Bekah Jane turned 6 months last Friday. I really can't believe it. On one hand, I still feel like I just had a baby, like she should still be a newborn. The novelty has not worn off and she is an absolute wonder to me. On the other hand, I feel so much more comfortable and confident with two kids than I did a few months ago, so I am thankful for the time under my belt. She went in for her check-up and passed with flying colors. 75th percentile in both height and weight (which kind of cracks me up... she seems so teeny to me!). And she is sitting up like a pro, rolling all around, reaching out and playing with toys, and just started to scoot herself backwards across the floor. I love 6 months...but, then again, I think every age is my favorite, just for different reasons.
*We are having so much fun cousin time lately! It has been so, so great. Ezekiel LOVES his cousins and has started to ask about them every morning. Once school gets out and the weather turns warm, we all sort of swarm my parents' house and spend many a summer day by their pool. I especially love being a stay-at-home mom on these days, because I wouldn't want to miss it for the world. The kids (and the grown-ups!) play in the pool all day (with short breaks to build a sand castle, swing, feed the horses, or build a rabbit trap) and we all enjoy root beer floats, BBQs and great conversation. Melissa and her kids (Morgan, Daniel, and Autumn) are in town this week and it's been so fun to play with them! We are looking forward to another great, lazy day by the pool on the 4th of July.
*I am getting ready to head to Washington on Sunday to visit my dear friend Kristen! Jen and I are flying up with our babies, and Ezekiel is staying home with daddy. I can hardly wait! It will be 4 full days with my two college roommates (plus 2 babies added to the mix!).
*This morning I took Ezekiel to the dentist for his first check-up. We made it as far as having the dr. look in his mouth, floss, and declare that he does not have any cavities. And then I decided to end the torture session since he was screaming his head off. As soon as she got her nasty gloved hands out of his mouth, he was once again his happy little self. Can you blame the guy? I hate going to the dentist too. It smells. Anyway, he then sat in my lap and watched intently while she cleaned my teeth. And when we left he waved and said for all to hear "BYE BYE TEETH!"
A few fun pictures from our recent trip to Legoland with cousins Seth and Abby:
Sooo cute!

No comments: