We're home from yet another wonderful and memorable trip to Doheny! I have to confess, I was wondering just a bit if this would be the year to do us in. After all, Heidi and I have come a long way from sunbathing in the sand at 15 to now chasing four kids under the age of 3 all in the name of "vacation"! But, you know what? It was another great year! The kids had SO much fun and, even though I got very little sleep the first night (it was freezing and Bekah Jane was teething!), we had such a great day the next day I didn't even care! So, we even braved night number two (MUCH better, thanks to Motrin!) and enjoyed an early morning breakfast (COFFEE!) at McDonald's and a
beautiful bike ride the next morning before heading off for home. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story!
DAY ONE:
Bekah Jane and Everett setting up camp
Ezekiel discovering his love of baseball

Going for a walk with Heidi's family to see all the birds
Ezekiel jumped on Grandma Jeanine's back while she was taking pictures!
All bundled up for dinner (it was COLD that first night!!)
All cozy in our tent and ready for bed!
DAY TWO:
Good morning Mama! Sure feels good to get out of all those jammies!

Silly girl.
Breakfast with my little man
We rode our bikes to the most delicious bagel place. Man, we look forward to that bagel all year long! (Everything tastes better when you're camping, you know)
*Insert picture of me sleeping peacefully in a beach chair* After breakfast, my two kiddos went down for an early nap and I actually got to take a nap on the beach for about an hour! HEAVENLY!
Me and E playin' ball (Heidi was pitching)
Heidi drew Ezekiel this picture of a barnyard - which Ezekiel called his "animals". He carried his animals everywhere for the rest of the day - to dinner at the pizza parlor, to bed, in the car, on our bike ride, and even home the next day! So cute. He loved that picture!

Heidi heading for the water with the two babies

Kate and Ezekiel enjoying the view

My little sunbathing beauty

Ezekiel loving the waves

"C'mon, Mama, c'mon!"


DAY THREE:
One final bike ride. We rode along the beach on enjoyed the absolutely perfect weather. I didn't want to go home!

Tired babies! So sweet how they fell asleep leaning on each other.

What a full trip brimming with precious memories! Can't wait for next year!
6 comments:
I hope one day Beckah and I are like you and Heidi...doing all these fun things with our own kids! Also...you two each have the most gorgeous children...all four of them should be baby models. True story. Also...Kate and Ezekiel are SO precious together!
I don't even know where to start!!! um heres a try
a) THANK YOU for posting those pictures! I love seeing how the kiddos are growing!
b)I LOVE the one of Ezekiel and the baseball bat. . . of course you knew I would :) His little haircut is so cute and holding a baseball bat only makes him a hundred times cuter!
c) Rebekah Jane has so many little teeth and her hair is ADORABLE. Kind of cracks me up actually, as she gets older she is morphing more into Ezekiel--a little girlie blonde version of that handsome face
d) even while camping you are still beautiful. . . amazing!
e) Looks like you had SUCH a wonderful time!
f) I can't WAIT to see you guys and hang out with you all again!
g) LOVE YOU!
You guys are so brave but you are right, it always works out and you seem to have such a fun time and make some amazing memories! I love the pic of the two asleep in the bike trailer!!
What a fun time! I'm so impressed by this yearly trip! We're bringing Ella camping over Memorial Day at the beach and I'm already a little scared...I don't know how you do it with 2 and alone! I might have to pick your brain for any helpful hints! I LOVE the pictures!
I love that you do this adventure with your children each year. Bethany, you are creating such fun memories with them. I applaud your endurance and willingness to do something that others might see as too much work or trouble. You rock as a Mommy!!!
I loved re-living the trip with your pics and cute commentary. Memories like these are so special to me and wouldn't be possible without an awesome friend like you.
Post a Comment