This trip was always a dream for Kevan, since he'd never been and I was mostly just excited to share it with him. I didn't think I would actually love the city so much. Being a country girl at heart, I was surprised to find myself completely fascinated by the art and culture of DC. It really is a beautiful city. And everything about it boasts pride and significance...I'd even call it sentimental. Every artpiece, every architectural detail, every stroke of the brush seemed to have meaning and purpose - reinforcing the values and principles that our country was built on.
And, while we couldn't take pictures of this, one of our greatest highlights was sitting in on the House of Representatives and the Senate while they met. We actually got to watch them deliberate (the stimulus bill, in case you were wondering). Fascinating. Plus, Kevan couldn't have been more star struck if Mel Gibson had walked in.
Our first night there we ate at this AMAZING Brazilian BBQ place... you know where they keep bringing you different kinds of meat until you just can't handle it anymore. But it was fancy pants and the BEST food ever. I'd go back just for the salad bar.
Kevan and my dad walking back from dinner (so handsome in their trenches!)
Night #2: Kevan and I did a sunset walk around the white house and the monuments. My Marine husband kept on truckin' like it was nothing, but I was freezing and itchy (stupid long underwear!) and my feet hurt. But we ended up having such a great time, I will always remember it. Thanks for keeping me motivated, babe!

Outside the capital, after our tour. SO beautiful.

Outside the capital, after our tour. SO beautiful.
A visit to Arlington cemetery and the Marine Corp monument. Kevan has always wanted to see this in person.
Checking into our Bed and Breakfast in Gettysburg. We spent the last 2 days in this historical town at the cutest little place.
Dinner with mom and dad at this super cool restaurant that was converted from an 18th-century farm house. They even had an underground railroad room you could look at.
Such an awesome trip and fun time with Kevan and my parents. Thank you, mom and dad and Matthew and Alice!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment