But today was a BAD day, too, because when we got home we got a message from our realtor. Another offer rejected. Auuughhh...this home-buying process is proving to be brutal. It is exhausting and time-consuming and an emotional roller coaster. We've been depressed looking at so many dumpy houses in our price range, or decent houses in ghetto neighborhoods (I'm not kidding...one place even had a Mexican restaurant directly behind it blaring mariachi music 24-7!), and then excited when we find a nice place, and then hopeful, and then disappointed when they go with another offer. Yep, a roller coaster. We are confident, though, that the Lord will provide just the right place (we keep reminding each other of this, depending on who is least frustrated at the moment!). And if the sacrifice of me being a stay-at-home mom means finding a home we can afford is a little bit more challenging, it is TOTALLY worth it! So, the search goes on...
Saturday, April 04, 2009
Good Day/Bad Day
Today was a good day because we took the kids to the Irvine Park (LOVE that place, by the way) and OC Zoo. Family days like this are one of my very favorite things in life. Kevan and I usually get some sort of treat (Starbucks today!) and then we head out and watch the kids have a wonderful time. It brings us both so much joy to see them laughing at the goats, hear Bekah Jane screech with excitement at the ponies (she even balls up her little fists and shakes them when she's super excited), and watch as Ezekiel walks up to every animal saying "HI! HI!" as if they've been missing him. Yeah, they're adorable and we are absolute suckers for days like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Houses are super duper cheap out here now and Riverside County Sheriff's department is hiring. Plus we really love our new church out here :)
I have been missing reading your beautiful blogs. Even if I have already heard the story, I love the way you write, and I get so much enjoyment from reading them here.
a) your kids are, as usual, completely adorable.
b) who WOULDN'T want a house complete with a 24/7 built in soundtrack?!?!
c) is Kevan really wearing a shirt that says "I heart hot moms"??! HAHA...
Post a Comment