- The last time we had rain, I found Bekah Jane out in our backyard. In just a diaper. Dancing on her tiptoes and twirling around with her hands in the air. Oh how I wish I had a picture, but I just stood there and stared at her instead, loving her ability to enjoy the simple things in life. Isn't that what we all should do in the rain?? I love that girl.
- Chris Rice's song "Come to Jesus" has been special to me since my grandparent's passed away. My cousin Andrea sang it at their service, and since then I've often sang it to the kids (thankfully they don't compare me to Andrea!). Anyway, Ezekiel seems to love it and has been asking for me to play the CD in the car. The other day he said "MOM, I NEED JESUS!" referring to his new favorite song. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Especially when he turned to his sister and said "You too, baby? You want Jesus?" Then, to me, "Yeah, mom, WE NEED JESUS!" Yes you do, son.
- The other day Bekah Jane woke up from her nap a little grumpy. She was crying over a toy that was "broken" and Ezekiel came up and patted her back saying "What's wrong, baby? It's broken? Oh, I'm sorry. I forgive you." That kid can be super sweet - and super funny - when he wants to be!
- One Sunday Bekah Jane wore a tutu to church. After the service all the kids ran around the plaza area and played. My daughter, of course, went traipsing through the bushes. She emerged with a stick stuck to the back of her tutu. So hilarious watching her run in circles in her pretty little outfit with this stick dragging behind her! Again, the dichotomy that is my daughter!
- I am loving watching Ezekiel learn right now. The other day we were driving to my mom's and he was looking out the window. At a stop light, he points to a tree and says "Mom, is that a conifer?" I couldn't believe he remembered that word but I said "Yeah, I think so!" He confirmed by saying "Yep, it's has cones!" How cool is it to see your kids "get it"??
- In related news, Ezekiel is completely potty trained and I am so very proud. For a mama who was basically clueless about how to go about this, I am so glad it ended up being a fun experience! After our not-so-successful potty-training-in-a-day experiment, we eased up and sort of just let him use the potty when it was convenient or when he asked. Then, after we got settled into our new place and it was very obvious that he understood what he was supposed to do, we went to undies 100%. And he has done great! Very few accidents and dry all night long. Yippee!
- Last night I let Bekah snuggle with me in bed while we waited for daddy to get home. She fell asleep whispering "mama" and with her hands on my cheeks. So, so sweet.
That's all for now. Hoping you all enjoy this wonderfully rainy day!
2 comments:
I love your kids. And I love how much you love your kids. And I hope one day I can be as awesome of a mommy as you are.
Ditto to what Sarah said.
And also, when you mentioned the song, "Come to Jesus," I thought you were talking about Mindy Smith's version (I thought maybe he did a cover), until I YouTubed Chris Rice. Well, I just had to say, I adore the one by Mindy Smith and I think you may like it, too. Such a gorgeous song that brought me a lot of comfort when my Grandma passed away. Warning - the video is very strange so if you YouTube it, just listen to the song rather than watching the wacky video the record company made. Absolutely haunting melody and words.
Jeni
Post a Comment