This morning I woke up soooo refreshed because I - finally! - had a good night's sleep. The kids have been up a lot for over a week now due to sickness (or hurt toes, or hunger, or bad dreams, or whatever else they can think of to drag mom out of bed in the wee small hours). This does not do good things for a mom who a.) is used to getting her beauty sleep and b.) is making a person. I am GRUMPY. Oh, and did I mention that my neighbor's awesome dogs are also conducting bark-a-thons in the middle of the night? They might as well be in our bedroom, it is so stinkin' loud.
Soooo...that leads me to reason #12 why I love my husband:
When I woke up this morning and told him how incredibly glad I was for zero interruptions to my sleep last night he said "I know, babe. I slept on the couch so I could hear the kids first if they got up. And, I went over and oh-so-nicely asked the neighbors to shut their dogs up at 1 a.m." (I guess the neighbors were already hanging out in their front yard - just counting shooting starts, I'm sure - so he didn't have to actually knock on their door in the middle of the night!). Thankfully, the kids slept all night anyway, but I sure appreciated the effort my hubs made to protect my sleep!
2 comments:
I am soooo happy you got your sleep. After our whirlwind day yesterday and your extra generous offer of babysitting my FOUR kids so I could go out to birthday dinner with my hubby! You are AWESOME! Thank you again!
You do have a pretty amazing husband, sister! I was just telling Vanessa about your latest endeavor to point out the good in your hubby. You are inspiring me to do the same with Nadelly and my 6th graders. Love you, girl!!!
Post a Comment