So, I have to jot down some of the sweet things Ezekiel said to me yesterday during my moments of frustration. God can use - and often does! - even the smallest of people to speak His truth into our lives!
After I lost my cool with my daughter, I apologized to the kids and told them I shouldn't have yelled and reminded them that we should always talk to each other calmly and kindly. Ezekiel paused for a second and said "Oh...that's ok mom. I forgive you. Don't give up. Just try again." Talk about melting my heart! I loved that last part...just try again. Isn't that what God offers us? Forgiveness and mercies new every morning.
Not so spiritual, but pretty funny anyway: As we were running our errands Bekah Jane fell asleep much earlier than I was hoping for (What is with that girl anyway?! How can she wake up at 9 and be asleep again at noon?). I let out a sigh of frustration and Ezekiel says "What's wrong mom?" So I tell him I was bummed his sister fell asleep already and he says "Oh. I have an idea! We need something loud. Like a drum. How about we go buy a drum??" Such a problem-solver, my little man.
No comments:
Post a Comment