Friday, April 23, 2010

Costco is an aphrodisiac.

#21: For about 4 months now, we've been doing a monthly "family trip to Costco." Let me just say, it is amazing to me that I can fall in love with my husband at Costco. But I do. He sings to the kids, makes up funny games, and brainstorms with me so that I can get the best bang for our buck. It is the most fun I can have shopping without a new pair of shoes involved. When we get home, he unloads all the groceries and cleans out the fridge for me (probably my least favorite chore!). This past week when we went, he said "Babe, let me just say I'm sorrry I ever had you do this by yourself. Costco with two kids is a LOT OF WORK!" Ummm....thank you! Just wait until we have three. =) Totally spoiled, I know. But I AM so thankful I am not loading 50 lbs of dog food into my car by myself anymore.

#22: Last week my dear friend from college, Kristen, and her A-DORABLE baby Owen came down from Washington for a visit. Soooo great to spend 3 solid days playing catch up and loving on that sweet baby. The Babe (as Kevan is known among my college roommates) was awesome, fetching us girls food as we sat around talking, and offering to babysit so we could have some "grown-up" time in a restaurant. I love that he is so supportive of my my friendships, and encourages me to build up these relationships at every opportunity.

This list stuff is a little hard. I am realizing that there is a lot I love about my husband that I really can't even put into words. Or it would sound totally cheesy (probably risking that already). So, for everything in that category, let me just say this as reason #23: I love what God is doing in our marriage, and it is a wonder to me every day that it can be this great. It is only by the grace of God. Maybe one day I'll be able to explain that better. =)

Tomorrow is date day!! Heidi and Mike are watching our kids ALL DAY so we can have the day to ourselves. So excited! On the agenda: Antiquing at the Orange Circle, Jalepenos for lunch and Claim Jumper for dinner (thank you gift cards)!

1 comment:

Don B. said...

You should definitely share your thoughts with Costco. Maybe there's a gift card in it for you :)