So, yeah, Bekah Jane seems to have the flu. And while it ain't pretty, she was sure fun to hang out with while Grandma came and took the others to church. I think she must be on the mend already, because she was in a great mood and we just played our little hearts out. The imagination in this girl just amazes me! She is so FUN!
We played school (which she takes very seriously, I might add), we read books, we did Tangrams (remember these??), we did puppet shows (about the puppets going to school, of course). We ran away from the "Space-O-Saurus" dinosaur she created after building a rocket ship with her tangrams. And I thought we'd be spending the morning snuggling on the coach watching princess movies. Boy, she had me fooled. =)
I know it doesn't do it justice to just write out the funny things she said -- cuz you really got to hear her cute little voice and the way she mispronouces words -- but it will bring back the memory for me!
- I showed her our pantry I organized last night and she walks in, turns around slowly, puts her hands over her heart and says, "For me?!" And then, "It is so...(searching for a compliment)....Soft." She proceeds to rub her hands over the shelving saying "mmmm....feels nice." Thanks, daughter, I love my soft, clean pantry too.
- When we were playing school with the puppets, the puppet teacher asked the students what they wanted to learn about. One of Bekah Jane's puppets answered "Jesus!" So the teacher asked "And what did Jesus do?" I'm pretty sure it was the walrus puppet that randomly said "Jesus made carrots!"
- There was a while this morning when Elijah was awake and interferring with our tangram activity. Bekah very politely asked me, "Mom, can we just put him on the counter??"
You know, sometimes sick days are the best kind of days. =)
(Now that she's not vomitting on me anymore, that is.)
1 comment:
what a sweet day of play :)
Post a Comment